UTC (GMT) Friday, 9 December 2022, 17:00:00 (12 p.m. ET)
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Panel discussion: Implementing self-management support
The Survivorship Special Interest Group (SIG) of IPOS organized this webinar. It aims to discuss challenges and facilitators to implementing self-management support (SMS) with examples and comments from a panel of international experts. The webinar aims to bring together the international community of researchers and clinicians interested in self-management support for people affected by cancer to encourage discussion and collaboration across the globe.
- To provide examples of interventions to support self-management and key principles that underpin these.
- To discuss the barriers and facilitators to implementing self-management support in cancer care across the globe.
- To discuss perspectives from LMIC regarding adaptation of self-management support to enable underserved populations challenges and needs.
- Savita Goswami (India), Chair of the IPOS Survivorship SIG Education Committee.
- Tania Estape (Spain), Member of IPOS Survivorship SIG Education Committee and IPOS Board member.
PANEL MEMBERSChair of Panel:
Prof Claire Foster, Professor of Psychosocial Oncology and Director of Centre for Psychosocial Research in Cancer: CentRIC, Health Sciences, University of Southampton, UK.
Dr. Doris Howell, RN, PhD, FAAN. Emeritus Scientist, Princess Margaret Research Institute and Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto, and Program Director, Cancer Coaching, York University, ON Canada.
Bogda Koczwara AM BM BS FRACP MBioethics FAICD, Senior Staff Specialist, Department of Medical Oncology, Flinders Medical Centre, Professor, Flinders Health and Medical Research Institute, Flinders University, Cancer Council SA Clinical Investigator, Adelaide, Australia
Chioma C Asuzu, PhD. Prof of clinical psychology and psycho- oncology, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. She is the Foundation President of the Psycho-oncology Society of Nigeria (POSON), Association for Psycho-Oncology in Africa (APOA) and executive member of the International Psycho-oncology Society (IPOS).
- Free to current IPOS members
- $10 USD for non-members
Register online by going to https://ipos-society.org/event-5034318