UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 12 July 2022, 17:00:00 (1 p.m. ET)
Duration: 60 minutes
Beneficial effects of self-management education and self-management support on outcomes in cancer survivorship
The Survivorship Special Interest Group (SIG) of IPOS is organizing this webinar.
It aims to introduce the concepts of self-management and self-management support (SMS) and benefits on outcomes in cancer survivorship. We will also discuss implementation of self-management education and support across the continuum of cancer survivorship care.
The webinar aims to bring together the international community of researchers and clinicians interested in self-management and self-management support for people affected by cancer to encourage discussion and collaboration across the globe.
- Savita Goswami (India), Chair of the IPOS Survivorship SIG Education Committee.
- Isabel Centeno (Mexico) Member of IPOS Survivorship SIG Education Committee.
Prof Claire Foster, Professor of Psychosocial Oncology and Director of Centre for Psychosocial Research in Cancer: CentRIC, Health Sciences, University of Southampton, UK.
Dr. Doris Howell, RN, PhD, FAAN. Emeritus Scientist, Princess Margaret Research Institute and Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto, and Program Director, Cancer Coaching, York University, ON Canada.
- To describe the tasks of self-management and behavioural strategies for health recovery in cancer survivorship and the role of self-management support.
- To discuss the benefits of self-management education and support on clinical, psychological and behavioural outcomes and research gaps.
- To identify a road map for implementation of self-management education and support across the continuum of cancer survivorship.
- Free to current IPOS members
- $10 USD for non-members
Register online by going to https://ipos-society.org/event-4836320