In 2021/22, the HKU School of Public Health established a scholarship programme to support members of the International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) to pursue public health studies with the aim of optimizing cancer care, especially psycho-social cancer care provisions, in their respective countries. The Scholarship is awarded from the academic year 2022/23 and is valued at approximately $24,000 USD.
1. One scholarship which covers the entirety of the composition fee of MPH, shall be awarded to a new student who is a member of IPOS in 2022.
2. The Scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit, community services and financial needs.
3. The Scholarship shall be tenable for one year.
4. IPOS will extend an additional $500 USD to the recipient to assist in covering any related expenses.
5. In the event of there being no suitable applicant in any year, no awards shall be made.
Please note, the selected candidate will be asked to share their learnings via an IPOS webcast and/or article published in the official IPOS Journal – Journal of Psychosocial Oncology Research & Practice.
Master of Public Health (MPH)
The Master of Public Health is a broadly-based graduate training programme designed to prepare students from diverse backgrounds and experience with the knowledge and competencies for the effective practice of public health in local, regional and international settings, and to engage in scholarly activities and to become the next generation of public health leaders.
Organizer: School of Public Health, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong
Academic Director: Dr Wendy Lam (bio)
Mode of Delivery: Face-to-face
Duration: 1-year Full-time / 2-year Part-time (for local students only)
Who Should Apply:
- 1. Physicians, dentists, nurses, other health professionals, medical and health researchers and policy analysts. Interested candidates from non-health backgrounds are also welcome.
- 2. Must be a current IPOS membership for 2022.
- 3. LMICS or Early career members have the priority
Faculty: Local and international teachers from HKU School of Public Health and renowned Public Health schools overseas
Candidates are required to complete the following, 69 credits in total:
- · 14 taught courses (42 credits) - Core, concentration and elective courses
- · Practicum (12 credits) - Real-world practical experience to demonstrate application of public health concepts and skills
- · Capstone (15 credits) - Integrative culminating experience to synthesize and apply public health skills and competencies
Provisional Composition Fee: HK$185,220 (US$23,900)*
*subject to adjustment
Interested candidates please contact the MPH programme office at [email protected].
Application Deadline: 29 Apr 2022
Tel: (852) 3917 9140
Email: [email protected]