World Cancer Day – February 4, 2018 – Spread the Word with IPOS about the importance of Psycho-Oncology!
A truly global event taking place every year on 4 February, World Cancer Day unites the world’s population in the fight against cancer.
It aims to save millions of preventable deaths each year by raising awareness and education about the disease, pressing governments and individuals across the world to take action.
Why World Cancer Day is important
- • Currently, 8.8 million people die from cancer worldwide every year, out of which, 4 million people die prematurely (aged 30 to 69 years)
- • World Cancer Day is the ideal opportunity to spread the word and raise the profile of cancer in people’s minds and in the world’s media
What you can do:
- • Create a poster by going to http://www.worldcancerday.org/materials
- • Posters can be created in English, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese
- • On February 4, please tweet about World Cancer Day & benefits/needs of Psycho-Oncology. Be sure to include “@IPOSPsychoOncol” in your tweet so we can follow all the activity from IPOS members and contacts.