IPSON, the Irish Psycho Social Oncology Network – FREE event on Friday, April 27, 2018
It is free to attend and new members are welcome. Membership of IPSON is also free.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Tour of Cancer Care West facility
- Minutes & matters arising
- Establishment of IPSON working structures
- Executive Committee
- Research Committee
- Bringing IPSON to life – actions to develop a vibrant community
- Update of – NCCP Pyscho-oncology Working Group
- Identification of potential collaborators
- Collaboration leadership
- Summary & Conclusion
2 to 3 p.m.
- Education & Research Workshop
- Research projects & opportunities
- Developing tomorrows psycho-oncology leaders
RSVP – [email protected]
For more information on IPSON, please see: https://www.ipson.ie/
The group is made up of nurses, doctors, social workers, psychologists, academics and researchers, psychotherapists and other therapists working with cancer patients. IPSON represents professionals working across cancer care in acute hospital settings, cancer support centres, primary care and hospice and palliative care.
- IPSON acts as the hub for psycho-social issues in cancer care across clinical practice, community settings, professional training, policy and research in the field.
- IPSON plays a leading role in advocating for the improvement in cancer services in Ireland.
- IPSON will specifically focus on advancing the psycho-social recommendations of the new National Cancer Strategy 2016-2025.
- IPSON will work to insure psycho-social oncology research is properly funded and supported.