The International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) is now accepting nominations to be on the Board of Directors. The deadline to submit is May 19, 2017 with the official start of the term commencing on August 18, 2017.
Individuals with a current “Active” membership type from across the globe are encouraged to submit nominations for the volunteer Board positions noted below. The following positions are open for nomination by individuals who hold an ACTIVE membership type:
- One Vice President position
- One Secretary position
- Three individual Director positions:
- One Director from the targeted regions of India, Russia and Africa.
- One Director from the United States.
- One Director from Canada.
New this year is a board position for an Early Career member. This new board position, which was approved by the membership earlier this year, is to ensure our early career members have representation. The following position is open for nomination by individuals who hold an “Early Career Psycho-Oncology Professionals (ECPP)” membership type:
- One Early Career Director
We recommend downloading the 2017 IPOS Nomination Information Package for a description of each position open for nomination as well as a breakdown of expectations.
To Submit a Nomination:
- Please download and complete the 2017 Nomination Acceptance form.
- Include one completed Nominator form from a fellow current IPOS member with an active membership.
- In a single document (Word file please) your Election Candidate Summary (to be used in the election packaged shared with voting members). This summary should include the following:
- Name and suffix, current employment position, employer name, city, prov/state, country
- Point form highlights of your experience with IPOS
- Current picture
- Current Biography – brief 100 to 200 words maximum.
- Candidate Statement – outline of why you want to serve on the IPOS board and your election platform. 100 to 300 words maximum.
- Completed nominations are to be sent to IPOS by email to [email protected] by May 19, 2017.
Important Nomination and Election Timelines:
- Release of call for nominations: March 29, 2017
- Nomination Deadline – May 19, 2017
- Ballots to be issued to all voting members – May 24, 2017
- Voting Closes – June 30, 2017
- Notification will be included in the 2017 IPOS AGM package emailed to all members by July 31, 2017.
- Official term commences August 18, 2017.
Remember to make sure you have a current membership with IPOS for 2017 before submitting. Details are further down below on how to join/renew.
Join/Renew your IPOS membership for 2017
Have you already joined or renewed with IPOS for 2017? Just click the “Register Now” below to become a member for 2017.
Credit card payments are accepted online. If you would like to pay by cheque or prefer not able to pay online, please contact IPOS to request a hard copy dues invoice (for renewing members) or download and complete a membership application (for new members).
For a complete breakdown of the benefits of membership with IPOS, please go to http://ipos-society.org/member-benefits/.
2017 Membership Pricing:
Early Career Psycho-Oncology Professionals (ECPP) membership:
- $25 US for all Early Career professionals from all countries
- ECPP membership requirement: practicing but within three years of ﬁnal training (years 2014 to 2017 of last year of training. Individuals where last year of training was 2013 or before need to become Active or Associate members)
- $25 US for all Members-in-Training from all countries