Nominators bear responsibility for completing all the paperwork by stated deadlines and for obtaining permission from the nominee to submit their personal curriculum vitae and supporting materials.
Please complete the nomination form to submit with your nomination. Nominations for 2017 awards are due by Tuesday, January 31, 2017. Please note:
- All award submissions are to be submitted in PDF format.
- All materials should be submitted in one PDF document per nominee.
- Completed packages should be sent to: [email protected]
- Confirmation of receipt of nomination will be issued within one business day of receiving. Confirmation will be sent to the nominator.
- Recipients are required to attend the 19th World Congress of Psycho-Oncology, 14-18 August 2017, in Berlin, Germany and will be invited to present during a plenary session. Details on the World Congress can be found by going to http://www.ipos-society.org/world-congress/.
- Review of all nominations received will take place in February/March with final results emailed to each nominator by March 31, 2017.
- An award recipient may receive only one Society award in any calendar year.
- Each award shall have a peer review panel consisting of at least: (a) one previous recipient of the award, (b) one member of the Federation, and (c) one member of the Awards Committee.
- The Society Treasurer shall review, ratify where required and advise on all financial recommendations and requests made by the Awards Committee.
- For all awards, consideration may be given for travel reimbursement and/or registration fee waiver, if required.
- All award nominations must include a completed and signed nomination form, a letter of nomination from the nominator, two letters of support for the nomination from other individuals to whom the nominee is known, the curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee, and any additional paperwork required by the specific award for which the individual is being nominated.
- Award recipients must be available to attend the IPOS World Congress at which the award is to be presented.
- Specific criteria for each award are identified below.
Arthur M. Sutherland Award and Memorial Lecture
Bernard Fox Memorial Award
Noemi Fisman Award for Lifetime Clinical Excellence
Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award
Society Distinguished Life Fellowship Award
President’s Community Award for Distinguished Contributions to IPOS
The IPOS Awards Committee will be provided with guidance and criteria and appropriate rating scales.
Please note that these awards are offered on an annual basis and are only made where there is strong evidence that the nominee meets the criteria. If no suitable nominations are received for an award, the award will not be given in that year.
Congratulations to the IPOS 2016 Award Winners!
|Arthur M. Sutherland Award: Dr. Barry Bultz|
|Bernard Fox Memorial Award: Kimlin Tam Ashing, Ph.D|
|Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award: Dr. Shane Sinclair|