Additional Call for Board Nominations for 2017 – 2019 Term
Seeking one individual Director from the targeted regions of either Latin America or Asia
On April 1, 2017 a call for nominations for six (6) positions was released. The call for nominations closed on May 19, 2017. We are pleased to report that we have a full slate of nominees for all positions.
- Vice President – for the position of Vice President one nomination was received for Dr. Jane Turner (Australia).
- Secretary – for the position of Secretary one nomination was received for Dr. Tom Hack (Canada).
- Director (targeted regions of India, Russia and Africa) – for this Director position one nomination was received for Dr. Chioma Asuzu (Nigeria).
- Director (targeted region of United States of America) – for this Director position one nomination was received for Dr. Christian Nelson.
- Director (targeted region of Canada) – for this Director position, two nominations were received for Dr. Mary Jane Esplen and Dr. Melissa Henry. An election will be coordinated shortly.
- Early Career Director – one nomination was received for this position for Ozan Bahcivan (Turkey).
In seeking the nomination for Vice President, Dr. Jane Turner will be ending her current term as Director early, creating a vacancy for the 2017-2019 term. The Board of Directors is seeking nominations for a Director from the targeted regions of Latin America or Asia. The deadline to submit is June 15, 2017 with the official start of the term commencing on August 18, 2017. Individuals with a current “Active” membership type from Latin America or Asia are encouraged to submit nominations for the volunteer Board position.
Important Nomination and Election Timelines:
- Release of call for nominations: June 1, 2017
- Nomination Deadline – June 15, 2017
- Ballots to be issued to all voting members – June 20, 2017
- Voting Closes – July 15, 2017
- Notification will be included in the 2017 IPOS AGM package emailed to all members by July 31, 2017.
- Official term commences August 18, 2017.
How to submit a nomination:
Each Nomination must include the following, TOGETHER in one email, to [email protected]ipos-society.org by June 15, 2017.
- Completed and signed nomination ACCEPTANCE form.
- Completed NOMINATOR form from a fellow IPOS member that holds an “Active” type of membership. Note, individuals that hold the following membership types are not eligible to nominate or vote: Associate, Members-in-Training, Honorary or Life. The nominator form must come from an IPOS member eligible to vote.
- Your Election Candidate Summary (to be used in the election packaged shared with voting members). This summary is to be in a Word file and include the following:
- Name and suffix, current employment position, employer name, city, prov/state, country
- Point form highlights of your experience with IPOS
- Current picture
- Current biography – brief 100 to 200 words maximum.
- Candidate Statement – outline about why you want to serve on the IPOS board and your election platform (what you would bring to IPOS if elected). 100 to 300 words maximum.
Individual Director Position Description:
This position is for a two-year term on the Board of Directors. Directors shall reflect an international and multidisciplinary composition and function as the governing body of the Society. The primary responsibility of the Directors shall be to establish the policies of the Society. The Directors shall also monitor the activities of the Society to ensure compliance with, and progress toward the achievement of, those policies. The IPOS Constitution allows the Board to work towards ensuring appropriate geographical representation.
- The primary language IPOS operates in is English.
- The Board of Directors meet at a minimum every six months with all Directors expected to participate. Meeting are held via Google hangouts, with at least one meeting being in person. IPOS does not reimburse costs for attending or participating in meetings.
- The Executive Committee meets as the need arises via Google hangouts.
- Both the Board of Directors and Executive Committee are expected to closely monitor the activities of the Society and provide support as needed.
- Elected individuals will strongly be encouraged to attend in person a Board meeting in conjunction with the 2017 World Congress in Berlin.
- All Board of Directors and Executive Committee members are expected to volunteer on a minimum of one IPOS committee (http://ipos-society.org/
- Familiarity with the Society’s Constitution and Organization Structure is required: http://ipos-society.org/about-
- The IPOS Board is considered a “working” Board, which requires directors to take on responsibilities beyond board meetings. This may include, but not limited to, supporting committee initiatives, working on agreed upon special projects, special initiatives and outreach to other organizations to further the IPOS mandate.